INTERNATIONAL | CREATIVE | DIVERSE
Welcome to Serendipity.
Serendipity is a diversity-led organization with the specific aim of working in partnership with mainstream organizations to put on quality culturally diverse work across the region. Serendipity’s strength lies in its track record of working in the performing arts with venues, producers, promoters, performing arts and media companies and directors who reflect the demographic profile of the UK.
Using local, national, international practitioners and artists, Serendipity offers excellence in the arts, ensuring that it not only nurtures new and emerging talent but also showcases the best new work being produced in the sector.
Serendipity has five main strands of work:
· LET’S DANCE INTERNATIONAL FRONTIERS (formally Let’s Dance International Festival) – a programme of dance in May, preceded by a launch event on International Dance Day, showcasing new work from abroad and emerging talent from within the UK. This year LDIF will run from 29 April - 18 May.
· SERIOUS ABOUT – a series of discussions and debates in partnership with universities and international agencies such as CARICOM that result in publications, such as Hidden Movement: Contemporary Voices of Black British Dance and Creolizing Dance in a Global Age, which in leave a legacy of untold histories and debate around dance and diversity.
· As a CREATIVE PRODUCER, Serendipity fostering new dance talent and volunteers year-round in performance, choreography and administration.
· BLACK HISTORY MONTH LEICESTER - a three year agreement with Leicester City Council and ACE to deliver a Black History Month programme throughout October.
· NEW PLATFORMS – commissioning new work from any art-form and showcasing it in a variety of platforms and venues, including BHM Live, Signatures, Autograph and Biography.