A free event day to celebrate Black creativity for adults, families and children.
- Explore many objects, artworks and sculptures depicting Black people from the museum collections
- Take part in one of two drop-in poetry workshops, and create your own response to newly acquired artworks exploring black identity by Stephen Anthony Davids and Patricia Vester
- Enjoy a musical performance
- Investigate Ghanaian textiles in our pop-up exhibition, take part in a handling workshop and listen to talks on Kente cloth and woven basketry traditions
- Use African Adinkra printing blocks to print a tote bag to take home in a creative workshop
- Family weaving activity