Signatures Call for Commissions
Signatures, led by Serendipity, is a platform held as part of Let’s Dance International Frontiers, an annual festival of dance in Leicester.
Signatures is a platform that provides opportunities to nurtures and supports undiscovered talent, by working with emerging dancers and choreographers and enabling them to realise their creative potential. The participating artists are selected on the innovative strength of their concepts and their desire to succeed in the arts industry.
Signatures is offering the opportunity for emerging artists to:
- Showcase a new piece of work a maximum of 15 minutes, as part of Let’s Dance International Frontiers, in Leicester, on 4 May 2022.
- Receive audience feedback and network with other dance professionals and practitioners.
- Receive a performance fee of £500.
- Travel expenses for the performance.
- Friday 10 December 2021: Deadline for applications
- Friday 7 January 2022 (TBC): Expected decision made on applications
- Friday 28 January 2022: Announcement of Selected artists
- Wednesday 4 May 2022: Performance as part of Let’s Dance International Frontiers 2022
To be eligible you must:
- Be an independent artist.
- Be committed to working responsibly within Serendipity and partners’ COVID-secure
- Complete the Signatures application form and monitoring from.
- Submit documentation of the proposed and previous works with your application.
- Be available for performance on 4 May 2022.
- Propose a complete dance work that is no more than 15 minutes long.
- Propose work that can practically be realised in a theatre/studio space. In terms technical requirements, sight lines and number of company members (approximately 1-5 company members is ideal for small-mid touring).
The selection is made by a panel including artistic leadership from Serendipity, independent artists and international partners.
Criteria for selection is based on:
- Quality – Work with a clear sense of purpose and integrity that has the highest artistic performance standards.
- Engagement – Work that has the ability to interact and engage audiences through a clear and successful conceptual framework.
- Technique – Strong demonstration of dance style or genre and chosen techniques. If applicable, with accomplished self-development of approaches.
- Innovation – Work that pushes the boundaries of dance and choreographic practice, platforming pioneering artists and ideas.
- Suitability – Work that is practically suited to the venue and opportunity.
Please submit your proposals by completing the application form.
Please complete a monitoring form here:
For more information or for a copy of the application for in word document form, please email email@example.com or call 0116 482 1395.